Countdown to #OSH13
If you are one of those still wondering where to plan your summer vacation: look no further.
If you have never been to Oshkosh and Airventure: look no further
If you, like me, are plane crazy and have a week or weekend free during the last week of July: absolutely look no further!
Each year, the Experimental Aviation Association plans, organizes and orchestrates the best and most enduring event of the year. As I have said many times over, there is no place like it, if you are just plane crazy!
Airventure has a lot to offer:
- Daily airshows, aircraft displays, seminars, forums, workshops, museum visits
- Evening entertainment (special premier of Disney Planes) on Friday and performances by Gary Sinise and the Lft. Dan Band
- Night airshow on Saturday, ultralights, warbirds, seaplane base and so much more.
- Don’t forget balloon launch and 5k run on Saturday
- Airplane rides be it in the Ford Tri Motor, B17, Breezy or a privately owned ultralight, seaplane or airplane
- Womenventure, kidventure and so much more
- This year’s specials include Jetman, Terrafugia and Return of the Champions
This year might appear less exciting than normal. No major celebrity airplane on display such as the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Airbus 380 or SpaceShipOne. Almost. Excluding Terrafugia, of course! Blame it on the economy or even sequestration. But don’t let that stop you. Despite that there is ample to see and do at Airventure. And if you happen to still find some free time , and love architecture, checkout Taliesin by renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright about an hour from Madison, WI.
Oshkosh… Absolutely nothing like that!
What’s On your Airventure Bucket List?
Oshkosh: An Inspiration
Oshkosh 09: A Tribute to the Faithful
Oshkosh 04: Launching the Next Century of Flight
Oshkosh 03: Centennial of Flight
Oshkosh 02: 50 years of Airventure