Airventure 2015 is almost upon us!
Airventure 2014 is almost upon us! 45 Days and counting…
I just attended the first Webinar: Tips for Flying to Airventure earlier this week…What’s new this year?
- And TFR’s associated with them Aug 1-3rd, 2014 all the way to 16,000 ft.
- Crowd lines set back on those days
Airshow Time Change
- 1:00-4:30 pm on the last Sunday
New Approaches to VFR arrivals near Midway (MDW) and altitudes.
- But techniques remain the same
- Altitudes changes to below 2000ft over Chicago Airspace
Managing the Risks
- *Landing Accident*– still remain high. But nothing that can avoided by practice!
- Taxi Accident
- Take-off Accident
Should you fly to Airventure?
- Your recent experience counts. Immensely. Practice. Practice.Practice!
- VFR Navigation by ground references
- Holding specified speed and altitude…
- Non Standard Approach Patterns: Right Traffic
- Descent on downwind and very short final!
- No downwind and very short final!
- Spot Landings
- Last Minute Landing Changes— Go Around,
View original post 205 more words