Time for some new stamps….
Lately the weather has not been cooperative, at least not on weekends.
Weeks ahead, I had reserved an aircraft, and planned the flight to Hampton Roads. We had a good group of 4-5 aircraft with 10-12 people all set to go. Then the weather gods intervened with: “Thou shall not fly!”
The forecast was awful, more severe than what actually transpired on the day. But the damage was done.
As an after thought, I had reserved an aircraft for the following weekend as a back up plan. My weekends are typically consumed with school work. But, I wanted to squeeze in a flight if I could, if not anything to stay current. The forecast was looking good. I didn’t want to say it out aloud, lest I jinx myself.
Gert and I set off early, an hour later than planned but early to beat the heat. The highs on Saturday…
View original post 451 more words