In the summer of 2006, Stephanie Diana Wilson became the second African American woman to fly into outer space. (The first African American woman to …African American Transportation History: Stephanie Wilson, Astronaut
“Never be limited by other people’s limited imaginations…If you adopt their attitudes, then the possibility won’t exist because you’ll have already shut it out … You can hear other people’s wisdom, but you’ve got to re-evaluate the world for yourself.”
— Dr. Mae Jemison
Hello from Mars!
When day comes we step out of the shade,
aflame and unafraid,
the new dawn blooms as we free it.
For there is always light,
if only we’re brave enough to see it.
If only we’re brave enough to be it.
National Youth Poet Laurette (from The Hill we Climb)
Accept the Challenges.
So you might feel the Exhilaration of Victory
Sunday dawned, clear and beautiful.
After breakfast, all of us departed to the airport in shared cabs. The time was here. Over the weeks we had planned and re-planned. And that morning, re-planned again.
In order to fly to the Bahamas there are some key things to plan ahead of time:
- A User Fee Decal for the airplane
- A Radio license for the airplane
- A radio license for each of the pilots who wishes to fly in the Bahamas
- An owner authorization letter for rented aircraft
- An international VFR or IFR flight plan to the airport of entry (AOE) with customs in the Bahamas
- An eAPIS account to submit the manifest prior to entry into the Bahamas
- Customs forms per person or family and an Arrival form for each aircraft
- A Transient form to fly to multiple airports within the Bahamas
- Life vests (and raft if you prefer) for safety.
Continue to read here.