A well written, gripping novel is hard to find. If the writing is good, the story less than compelling. Occasionally the story is riveting, but the writing mediocre or less savory.
A good book in my mind:
- has lovable characters, to whom one can relate;
- larger than life characters, to whom one can look up to;
- premises and events, that are believable
- characters and actions, that are to die for.
- and most importantly the perfect literary talent
Good books are hard to find. Good authors, even more so. Unfortunately my two favorite authors are dead. I am still in search of my next favorite author.
Meanwhile, here are a few books that are worth reading, if you are interested in Aviation:
Flight for Control
13,600 ft: My Personal Hole in the Sky
Flight for Safety
Fifty Classic Destinations for Pilots
The Thinking Pilot’s Flight Manual
West with the Night
Flight to Success