#SOAW: Goodbye! Until next year!
#SOAW: Seaplane Base & Balloon Launch
EAA: Spirit of Aviation Week
Weekly inspiration and ideas here! As aviation educators, we are not only are the front-line troops that mold all future pilots. We are also the most visible ambassadors for any growth in the aviation community. Some new person is going to show up at your local airport and they will be directed to the flight…Please Be An “Aviation Ambassador!” — Aviation Ideas and Discussion!
Although, no Airventure this year, each year, the Experimental Aviation Association plans, organizes and orchestrates the best and most enduring event of the year. As I have said many times over, there is no place like it, if you are just plane crazy!
Airventure has a lot to offer:
- Daily airshows, aircraft displays, seminars, forums, workshops, museum visits
- Evening entertainment (special premier of Disney Planes) on Friday and performances by Gary Sinise and the Lft. Dan Band
- Night airshow on Saturday, ultralights, warbirds, seaplane base and so much more.
- Don’t forget balloon launch and 5k run on Saturday
- Airplane rides be it in the Ford Tri Motor, B17, Breezy or a privately owned ultralight, seaplane or airplane
- Womenventure, kidventure and so much more
- This year’s specials include Jetman, Terrafugia and Return of the Champions
Continue to read here.
If you spend any time around us, about this same time every year, our vocabulary begins to take on a few special words (GREEK to some, GEEK to others). In particular, Oshkosh, AirVenture & “Goin’ Again”. (Okay, that last one is two words). For those who don’t know what it’s all about, here’s the best […]